We envision a world free of extreme poverty and where all the people of the world are actively and significantly contributing to human progress.
To help our communities, institutions and nations become more economically competitive and end extreme poverty by promoting human capital development, job creation and high levels of productivity in the production of goods and services.
Aims & Objectives
- Create programs to promote human capital development for increased productivity, poverty eradication and global competitiveness.
- To help develop programs for integrating the informal sector into the mainstream economy.
- Provide technical assistance to micro, small and medium enterprises for overcoming the challenges they face in acquiring and developing human capital, accessing financial resources and developing global markets.
- Provide policy advice and technical assistance to public and private institutions in developing skills, attracting investments and creating economic value.
- The Economic Growth and Development Center (EGDC) is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organization committed to help raise the level of living through the primary objectives of human capital development, job creation, enterprise development and increased global competitiveness for the sake of ending extreme poverty. The EGDC is a research and knowledge driven organization that works with public and private organizations to reach the people through carefully designed programs.
This is achieved through strategies in;
1. Human capital development programs
2. A Refined Economic Development (RED) strategy anchored on partnership among business, academia and government to build cohesive, resilient and economically successful communities and nations
3. Competitiveness and global partnerships (global visibility and networking)
4. Innovative solutions and strategies
5. Inclusive growth strategies for job creation
6. Poverty eradication strategies
7. Community economic sensitization
- Financial, technology and market access strategies for micro, small and medium
9. Global market development
The EGDC engages a number of Non-Governmental Organizations, including advocacy groups within and outside the country, development partners, policy makers, as well as private sector stakeholders in poverty eradication and global competitiveness issues.
The EGDC is committed to the global goals on poverty eradication. To this end EGDC’s research and other activities are centered on providing the knowledge and skills needed to help achieve human capital development targets for global competitiveness and poverty reduction.
Our areas of expertise include;
- Designing human capital development and dynamic and market oriented poverty reduction programs
- Conducting human capital development training, seminars, conferences and Round Tables
- Conducting competitiveness training, seminars, conferences and Round Tables for micro, small and medium enterprises in promoting social capital development for economic growth and global competitiveness.
- Designing development programs for job creation and for integrating the informal sector into the main stream economy
- Promotion of Impact Investing in micro, small and medium enterprises
- Providing policy advice and technical assistance to public and private enterprises in developing global partnerships and attracting investments all the way to the greased roots of society.
- Providing information on business and market opportunities and assisting in identifying sources of funding for micro, small and medium size enterprises.
- Providing support to catalyze economic growth and broad based economic development.
Our team of experts researchers includes professionals in the following fields;
- Human capital development
- Health and wellness
- Job creation
- Skills development, including up-skilling, re-skilling, talent management
- Economic and public policy analysis
- Policy advice
- Global partnerships
- Business promotion
In helping to raise the level of living, EGDC is committed to the fight of ending extreme poverty in Africa and wherever it exists.